Thursday, December 23, 2010

Activating Office 2010 Trial (Converting to Licensed Version)

Hi,

I was facing an issue of activating the Office 2010 Trail which we have got through the Virtual machine for SharePoint from Microsoft. When I’m access any of the office applications it is telling me to activate the Office. While activating the same, I’m receiving ‘Communication error’ occurred message.

Other option I have is to activate over Telephone. But this may also required Internet access.

Interestingly, Internet is working fine while accessing from browser.

So, I searched over Internet and found the solution is as below.

Option1:

  1. Click File
  2. Click Help
  3. Change the Product Key
  4. Click Continue
  5. Click Finish

 Option2:

  1. Select activate via Phone from the Activation pop-up.
  2. Select country from the list and call the Microsoft call centre
  3. Provide the installation Id.
  4. Customer care executive would provide the confirm Id for A,B,C,D,E,F,G & H.
  5. Successful message would be displayed.

Have a good time…!!

Regards
Gangadhar Kotu

No comments: